devilbiss sleepcube bilevel st
The DeVilbiss SleepCube BiLevel ST automatically synchronises with the patients’ respiratory pattern, with a cycling between IPAP (inspiratory pressure) and EPAP (expiratory pressure). It gives you the function and performance required to aid in the therapy of respiratory insufficiency, obstructive and central sleep apnoea.
Indications of the SleepCube BiLevel ST
- DeVilbiss SleepCube BiLevel ST is designed to enhance the breathing of patients with spontaneous respiration.
- Unlike a ventilator, it will not completely take over the breathing for the wearer/patient; it instead helps a patient who has chronic respiratory failure, difficulty breathing or obstructive sleep apnoea.
- The DeVilbiss SleepCube BiLevel ST is non-invasive and administered via a mask.
Tailored to Individual Use
The DeVilbiss SleepCube BiLevel ST can be set to a timed mode, where the clinician sets the Breaths Per Minute (BPM) and %IPAP. Alternatively, it can be set to a combination of Spontaneous and Timed operation, where the unit cycles in response to the patient’s breathing rate, but switches to the timed operation if the patient fails to take a breath within the timed interval.
The DeVilbiss SleepCube BiLevel ST pictured with the optional humidifier
BiLevel ST Features
- Pressure range of between 3 and 25 cm H20
- Features the following operating modes: CPAP, Spontaneous, Spontaneous Timed and Timed only
- SmartCode remote data compliance feature included, which encodes usage data into a series of letters and numbers that can be easily decrypted using free software or online
- One of the quietest CPAP’s on the market, only 26 dBA
- You can operate the DeVilbiss SleepCube BiLevel ST from a 12V DC source such as that found in a motor home (not with a heated humidifier) and will switch to AC power automatically if connected and available
- Large backlit LCD and a simple, easy-to-use patient menu- even in the dark.
- The Auto On/Off feature is user-friendly; starting the flow of air on breathing into the mask and stops the flow of air when the mask is removed
- Visual mask off alert feature
- Supplied with 6ft tubing as standard. Optional 10 ft patient tubing is available
- Flow rounding comfort feature is included
- Integrated event detection feature
- The customisable trigger of this SleepCube range can be adjusted on a scale of 1 – 10 (1 being most sensitive)
SleepCube range is User Friendly
The DeVilbiss SleepCube BiLevel ST features large slip-resistant pads on the bottom of the unit, which minimises the movement of the machine on your bedside table during the night. Patient air tubing extends from the back of the unit to enhance visual appeal.
An integrated heated humidification system easily docks onto the bottom of the unit without requiring a separate hose or power cord. Are you looking for a more detailed patient therapy management option? The SmartLink Module and software is available to order separately. With these, data is transferred to the PC via a SD card for further analysis and reporting using the SmartLink software package.
Enjoy the intuitive design of the DeVilbiss SleepCube BiLevel ST with the real-time LCD display which shows actual pressure, leak rate and patient breathing parameters such as breathe rate, I/E ratio, minute volume and tidal volume
DeVilbiss SleepCube BiLevel ST Specifications
- Dimensions (H x W x L): 10.7 x 16.5 x 17.5 cm
- Weight: 1.22 kg
- Electrical Requirements AC: 100 - 240 V, 50/60 Hz
- Electrical Requirements DC: 10.4 - 15 V, 5 Amps
- Maximum Power Consumption: 65 watts (from a AC power source)
- BiLevel Pressure Range: 3 - 25 H20
- Operating Temperature Range: 5° C to 40° C
- Operating Humidity Range: 0 % to 95 % R.H. non-condensing
- Operating Atmospheric Conditions: Sea Level to 2600 m
- Sound level: 26 dBA (tested per ISO 17510)
- Operation Modes: CPAP, Spontaneous, Spontaneous Timed and Timed only
Answers to FAQ's
What is the BiLevel ST and how does it differ from a BiLevel S?
The BiLevel S device senses if you are breathing in or out and changes its level of pressure accordingly. Because it provides a lower pressure when exhaling and a higher pressure when inhaling, it is considered to be a luxurious CPAP therapy option as it is more comfortable, especially for those with prescriptions for high levels of pressure.
A BiLevel ST (featured product), is used to treat patients with respiratory insufficiencies and central apnoeas. It performs the same function as the BiLevel S, but has the additional feature of the Timed Mode. This Timed Mode feature acts as a back-up system and works by detecting when the patient stops breathing on their own and breathes for them when required. The BiLevel ST is an intermediary step before non-invasive ventilation.
What is the ‘Trigger’?
The trigger is the mechanism on the device that detects when the user of the machine is breathing in or out. It increases the pre-determined IPAP setting (inhalation) or decreases to the EPAP (exhalation) setting. The SleepCube BiLevel S has the ability to alter the sensitivity of the trigger (on a scale of 1 – 10) allowing for treatment to be tailored to meet the individual patients’ needs.
What is Flow Rounding?
Flow Rounding is a patented technology available in the SleepCube BiLevel S device. It is a feature developed to add comfort between the transition of IPAP and EPAP easier. What does this mean? That sharp drop associated with an increase and decrease of pressure is rounded off smoothly, moving from one to the other with ease. The result is increased comfort for the patient. There are five levels of pressure rounding that can be chosen from. This feature greatly assists in patient adherence and success of therapy.
I need to use supplemental oxygen with my CPAP therapy, can I do that with the SleepCube BiLevel ST?
The BiLevel ST can be used with supplemental oxygen. It can be added with the optional oxygen adapter attached between the unit and tubing, or if the mask you have is equipped with an oxygen port.
The SmartLink Therapy Management package is also available to order separately to make the management of your therapy more comprehensive. If you have any questions about the DeVilbiss SleepCube BiLevel ST, please contact our Sleep Apnoea Services customer care team on 020 7720 2266.